Family Vacations in Ocho Rios
Ocho Rios has miles of coastline and filled with more attractions than most cities in Jamaica. It is the perfect destination for adventure-seeking families who want to experience some culture alongside their relaxation. Here is a short guide to some must-see places found on Jamaica’s favorite coastal city:
Where to Eat:
- Try Mom’s for some classic Jamaican food. This small restaurant is definitely a local secret. The food is traditional, straightforward, with no frills.
- For folks who want a little taste of home with Jamaican flair, try Whalers Seafood Restaurant and Sports Bar. They serve a combination of typical bar fare with a touch of the traditional local spices and ingredients. Grab a Red Stripe beer and settle in for some absolutely delicious seafood.
- When you think of Jamaica, one of the first things that come to mind is Jamaican beef patties. Juci-Beef Patties is a chain that serves up fresh patties in a street-style manner. Definitely worth a trip into the city for an easy lunch or dinner.
- For food and a view try out Bamboo Blu. It’s a little more expensive, but the location is right on the beach. The cuisine is absolutely mouthwatering and the service is impeccable.
What to Do:
- Visit one of Jamaica’s national treasures, minutes from the center of Ocho Rios: the Dunn River Falls. Not only is it a beautiful scenic place to visit, but it is also rumored to be the location of the battle of “Las Chorreras.”
- Float down Jamaica’s White River in a tubing safari! Experience breathtaking views of jungle in a tour led by a friendly and knowledgeable guide.
Enjoy muted reggae music, white sandy beaches, and exotic cocktails on Ocho Rios’s Reggae Beach. Definitely worth a visit to one of the most famous beaches on the north coast
Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding your Ocho Rios/Jamaica travel questions and/or any special requirements. We are just as excited as you are when it comes to Ochi, so send us your questions, inquiries or make a reservation whenever you’d like.