Jamaica’s pulse beats to the rhythm of reggae.
Originating here in the 1960s, reggae combines the traditions of mento, calypso, American jazz and R&B. Since the 60s, as reggae’s influence spread like wildfire, it came to belong to the whole world—not just to Jamaica.
Now, Jamaica is working toward reclaiming its reggae heritage and reminding its fans around the world of the sound’s true birthplace. Because most contemporary reggae albums are released by non-Jamaican-born artists, Jamaica plans to add an “authenticity” seal to reggae albums produced by Jamaican artists on the island.
We can’t exactly call Ochos Rios, Jamaica a “hidden gem.”
Located on the north coast in the parish of St. Ann, Ochos Rios is, after all, one of the most prominent cruise ship and resort areas on the island.
But it’s a popular spot for some very, very good reasons. If you want to leave Jamaica feeling like you’ve really experienced the best of the island, then Ochos Rios is the place for you.
Everything is here: from adrenaline-pumping outdoor adventures (including Jamaica’s #1 attraction—the stunning Dunn’s River Falls) to dreamlike beaches, to thriving nightlife set to the rhythm of reggae and complemented by some of the world’s best cocktails.
Better yet, if you rent a villa (instead of staying at a resort or boarding a cruise ship) you will find it easier to miss the tourist crowds and explore Jamaica on your own terms.
Not convinced? Here’s why Ochos Rios is a top pick for Jamaica travelers, and why you should consider it, too.
Seeking a Scuba Diving Adventure? Try Ocho Rios!
Dreaming of vacationing at a villa in Jamaica? Ocho Rios is a breathtaking destination in Jamaica; adorned with swaying palms and crystalline blue water. Right offshore you will find coral reefs begging to be explored. As a port of call for many cruise ships, Ocho Rios is the perfect balance of bustling excitement and complete relaxation. Whatever adventure you crave, you can find it in Jamaica.
Thank you for being a loyal reader of the “Did You Know” Jamaica Ocean View Villa Newsletter
In this edition, you will find:
Jamaican Vacations off the Beaten Path: The Blue Hole
- Bob Marley’s Birthday Celebration: February 2015
- More Unique Ochi Jamaican Vacation Activities
Did You Know….? Newsletter
The Newsletter of Jamaica Ocean View villa December 6, 2014
For further information about any of the events or items listed, email us….
Get all your favorite Ocho Rios Jamaica events and News here! http://jamaicaoceanviewvilla.com/ochi-travel-blog/
- Give the Best Gift: A Family Vacation (to Jamaica)November 20, 2017 - 7:36 am
- Great local Jerk spots in Ocho Rios, Runaway Bay, Discovery...November 15, 2017 - 12:52 pm
- Beach Bum Bars in Ocho Rios, JamaicaNovember 11, 2017 - 12:25 pm
- 3 Reasons Why Jamaica is Perfect for Multigenerational Trip...November 11, 2017 - 7:39 am
- […] Here, every member of your family will be not...November 11, 2017 - 12:57 pm by 3 Reasons Why Jamaica is Perfect for Multigenerational Trip (+ 4 Tips for Making Everyone Happy) | Jamaica villa rental by Jamaica Ocean View Villa
- […] trip to Jamaica than 5-bedroom Villa Serenity....November 11, 2017 - 12:55 pm by 3 Reasons Why Jamaica is Perfect for Multigenerational Trip (+ 4 Tips for Making Everyone Happy) | Jamaica villa rental by Jamaica Ocean View Villa
- […] of course, Jamaica itself offers as many activities...November 11, 2017 - 12:55 pm by 3 Reasons Why Jamaica is Perfect for Multigenerational Trip (+ 4 Tips for Making Everyone Happy) | Jamaica villa rental by Jamaica Ocean View Villa
- […] can start planning, packing your bags for; The...October 4, 2015 - 11:19 am by How to Choose a Caribbean Island Vacation | Jamaica villa rental by Jamaica Ocean View Villa
Deals sign up
Ocho Rios Jamaica