Ocho Rios is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world and for good reason. Few places on Earth can boast the beautiful beaches, gorgeous landscapes, exciting activities and colorful local culture that Ocho Rios can. If you truly want to experience all that Ocho Rios has to offer on your Jamaica vacation, be sure not to miss the following:
1. Blue Hole – Nestled away in the hills of Ocho Rios is The Blue Hole. Here, you’ll find sparkling waters and spectacular waterfalls that few tourists to the area get to see. After a relaxing hike up the hill, you can swim and even cliff dive. Whether you have a desire for adventure or just want to relax and enjoy scenery that has been virtually untouched by man, The Blue Hole is a spot you can’t afford to miss.
2. Mystic Mountain – Travel into the heart of the rainforest and visit Mystic Mountain, where you can have a truly once in a lifetime experience. Kids who are at least 46 inches tall and adults can get the experience of riding in a Jamaica bobsled, coasting at lightning fast speeds along a 1000-meter track. It’s an experience that you’ll truly remember forever.
3. Dolphin Cove – Imagine getting up close and personal with friendly dolphins who are anxious to splash, play and even give you kisses. That’s the memorable experience that awaits at Dolphin Cove. Here, kids aged 3 and up and adults can take to the water and swim with dolphins. The park has a wide variety of packages available, including an amazing 4-hour experience where you and your family can be sea keepers for a day and help care for dolphins, sharks and sting rays.
4. Coyaba River Garden and Museum – Many tourists visit Jamaica and leave without ever getting to learn about the rich history of the island. The Coyaba River Garden and Museum provides a rare opportunity to delve deep into Jamaica’s past. The museum has artifacts from the Taino and Arawak indigenous peoples that date back to before Columbus set foot in the New World. You’ll also get to tour a serene water garden, tour an aquarium and see beautiful banyan trees up close.
5. Local Jamaican Cuisine – Jamaican cuisine is truly an experience in itself. Drawing influences from all of the various cultures that have settled in the area, Jamaican food includes fresh seafood, spicy jerk dishes, exotic fruits and vegetables and hearty soups and stews.
Unfortunately, many tourists who visit Ocho Rios miss out on these wonderful attractions due to staying at all-inclusive resorts. While these vacations can be convenient, they simply don’t provide the opportunity to truly experience Ocho Rios and sample local dishes. Opting to stay at a Jamaica villa like Jamaica Ocean View Villa gives you the opportunity to truly explore the area. Our beautiful modern villa is situated inside of a safe, gated community and the perfect home base to return to after enjoying adventures in Ocho Rios. Check out our accommodations and reserve our property for your J